-   -   Follow up to unselecting cells question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/380829-re-follow-up-unselecting-cells-question.html)

Don Guillett

Follow up to unselecting cells question

Perhaps
shtBDA.Cells(lngBDAInd, COL_BDA_VENDOR_PART).value =
shtLinked.Cells(lngLinkedInd,
COL_MAST_VENDOR_PART).value

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Jon in Canby Or." wrote in message
Yesterday I asked how to unselect the cells being copied and received some
very good advice (key part of answer: Application.CutCopyMode = False)

But ultimately my problem is not solved. For some reason the following
statement simply fails:
shtBDA.Cells(lngBDAInd, COL_BDA_VENDOR_PART) =
shtLinked.Cells(lngLinkedInd,
COL_MAST_VENDOR_PART)

I'm trying to copy the value of a cell in one workbook's worksheet to
another worksheet in another workbook. I THOUGHT it was failing because
the
columns were hidden. I find now that the statement fails (it doesn't
error,
the processing of the macro simply goes away as if it ended normally at
that
point).

I'm not familiar with the Excel objects and find them a little
counterintuitive (or at least I haven't managed to figure them out). Am I
missing something here and/or is there an easier way to do this?