-   -   how to make macro to combine text from 2 cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/380799-how-make-macro-combine-text-2-cells.html)

KK

how to make macro to combine text from 2 cells?

I tried recording macro and it does not work with relative addressing.

A1 abc A2 xyz

I want A3 to be abcxyz

If you run above recorded macro for cells B1 B2 and B3 I get copy of A1 A2 A3
not the real content of B1 and B2

Thanks for your help!

Tom Ogilvy

how to make macro to combine text from 2 cells?

Assume B1 is the ActiveCell when you run the macro

Sub Macro1()
ActiveCell.offset(2,0).Value = ActiveCell.Value &
ActiveCell.offset(1,0).Value
End Sub

If B3 is the activeCell when you run the macro

Sub Macro1()
if ActiveCell.Row = 3 then
ActiveCell = ActiveCell.Offset(-2,0).Value & ActiveCell.offset(-1,0).Value
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"kk" wrote in message
I tried recording macro and it does not work with relative addressing.

A1 abc A2 xyz

I want A3 to be abcxyz

If you run above recorded macro for cells B1 B2 and B3 I get copy of A1 A2
A3
not the real content of B1 and B2

Thanks for your help!

Corey

how to make macro to combine text from 2 cells?

OR try:

Sub Button1_Click()
With Sheet1
Range("A3").Value = Range("A1").Value & Range("A2").Value
End With

End Sub

Corey....
"kk" wrote in message
I tried recording macro and it does not work with relative addressing.

A1 abc A2 xyz

I want A3 to be abcxyz

If you run above recorded macro for cells B1 B2 and B3 I get copy of A1 A2
A3
not the real content of B1 and B2

Thanks for your help!

Gary''s Student

how to make macro to combine text from 2 cells?

Sub splice_um()
Set r = Selection
r.Offset(2, 0).Value = r.Value & r.Offset(1, 0).Value
End Sub

Select anywhere on the first row and the third row will contain the
concatenation of the first two rows for that column.

For example Select Z1 and Z3 will get filled.
--
Gary's Student