-   -   assign excel 2003 macro with parms to shape (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/380416-assign-excel-2003-macro-parms-shape.html)

Marvin

assign excel 2003 macro with parms to shape

I have different shapes with one common macro. I would like to know which
shape name was used to envoke the macro. Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Héctor Miguel

assign excel 2003 macro with parms to shape

hi, Marvin !

I have different shapes with one common macro.
I would like to know which shape name was used to envoke the macro.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

depending on the figure type...
did you already attempt with Application.Caller ?

hth,
hector.

NickHK

assign excel 2003 macro with parms to shape

Héctor,
I was going to suggest that, but initial tests from the routine showed:
? TypeName(Application.Caller)
Range
which was a bit confusing.

Now it works, showing:
? TypeName(Application.Caller), Application.Caller
String Rectangle 3

Can't repeat the error now, so who knows...

NickHK

hi, Marvin !