Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Loop & Count

Hi Everyone,

I will Try and Explain this Clearly for a 2 if 3 Scenario.
If we have the Following 6 Number Combinations in Cells G13:L17 ...

1 2 3 4 5 6
1 2 3 5 6 8
1 2 3 5 7 8
1 2 3 6 7 8
1 2 4 7 8 9

.... and Wanted to Calculate How Many 2 Number Combinations are Covered
if we Match 3 Numbers.
If we took the Set of Numbers 1 2 3 for Example, the Numbers 1 2 Appear
in 5 Combinations, but we Only Want it Counted Once. So in Theory, the
Macro would Only Need to Check the First Combination to Satisfy if the
Numbers 1 2 are Covered. The Next 2 if 3 Scenario will be 1 3, in this
Case there are 4 Combinations with the Numbers 1 3 in the Set 1 2 3,
and Again, the Macro would Only Need to Check the First Combination to
Satisfy if the Numbers 1 3 are Covered. Obviously the Numbers 1 4, 1 5,
1 6, 1 7, 1 8, 1 9, 2 4, 2 5 etc are Not included in the Set 1 2 3, but
are Included in Other Sets of 3 Numbers. For Example, 1 4 will be
Included in the Set 1 3 4. If Any of the 3 Numbers Sets doesn't Include
Any of the 2 Number Combinations that can be Made with Numbers 1 to 9
then that 2 Number Combination is Not Covered and therfore Not Included
in the 2 if 3 Total.
This will Continue for All the Sets of 3 Numbers that can be Made from
the Combinations, taken 1 Combination at a Time. Basically, I want a
Total of the 2 Number Combinations Covered if we Use Sets of 3 Numbers.

Any Help will be Greatly Appreciated.

All the Best.
Paul