-   -   Cannot create forms? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/380297-cannot-create-forms.html)

[email protected]

Cannot create forms?

Howdy. I am working with VB in Excel 2000, and am trying to call up a
User Form when something happens in my code (in VB).

However, when I am in VB, and go "Insert""UserForm", and then open up
the UserForm, I can see the grey userform, I can change the properties
of it, but I can't place anything on it - no lists, no textboxes, no
commandbuttons.. I just get the message "Not enough storage is
available to complete this operation."

The size of the excel file is 330kb, I have 2MB free space on my
hard-drive, and if I backup my code (the module) it's 10kb. And if I
ctrl-alt-del and go to my windows task manager, I am seeing about 20%
of my memory being used.

Any help that you can provide would be excellent. Thanks!

[email protected]

Cannot create forms?

EDIT: 2 GB free space on my harddrive haha

Kari J Keinonen[_2_]

Cannot create forms?

Hello!

First
Clean you harddisk. Delete all unnecessary files your hard-drive, there must
be free spaces over 10 %. (IE tempfiles, page history and your own
Temp-folders files etc.)
Second
Defragment your harddisk.

Regards,
Kari J Keinonen

Dave Peterson

Cannot create forms?

Just a guess...

close excel (and all other programs that are running)
windows start button|Run
%temp%
and hit enter

Delete as much as you can.

Excel uses the windows temporary folder and when that gets too cluttered, bad
things can happen. Maybe you'll get lucky and this'll fix it.

--

Dave Peterson