-   -   clearing a user-defined Type variable (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/380182-re-clearing-user-defined-type-variable.html)

Chip Pearson

clearing a user-defined Type variable

Declare an instance of your type, but don't set any of its values. The
elements of the Type will be the default values (0s or vbNullStrings or
Emptys). Then use LSet to set your fillled out Type to the default values.
E.g.,

Public Type MyType
L As Long
S As String
End Type

Sub AAA()
Dim Filled As MyType
Dim Default As MyType
Filled.L = 12345
Filled.S = "some string"
Debug.Print Filled.L, Filled.S
LSet Filled = Default ' set to default values
Debug.Print Filled.L, Filled.S

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email address is on the web site)

"Martin" wrote in message
How do I do it in one line of code? Currently I can only go through every
defined property and set each (as relevant) to zero, null or
zerolength-string. Setting the variable equal to Null or Nothing won't
work.