-   -   Centering a worksheet for viewing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/380123-centering-worksheet-viewing.html)

[email protected]

Centering a worksheet for viewing

For viewing purposes, I frequently hide all the columns that exceed
what a single page would print so that I can focus only on what I know
is the actual page. In doing so, the worksheet hugs the left side of
the screen with everything to the right of the page in grey--about half
the screen. Is there a way to make the visible portion of the
worksheet center itself in the middle of the screen? Left and right is
all that's important--not top and bottom. Thanks.

Michael

[email protected]

Centering a worksheet for viewing

Michael,
If you mean you want to maximise the view of the remaining, visible
columns, then may be :

Range("A1").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = True
Range("A1").Select

You cannot have a blank area to the left of cells, as you can to right,
so you cannot shift the visible cells as you describe.

If you mean move the display Window within the Excel environment, you
can set the window(1).left/width etc.

NickHK

wrote:
For viewing purposes, I frequently hide all the columns that exceed
what a single page would print so that I can focus only on what I know
is the actual page. In doing so, the worksheet hugs the left side of
the screen with everything to the right of the page in grey--about half
the screen. Is there a way to make the visible portion of the
worksheet center itself in the middle of the screen? Left and right is
all that's important--not top and bottom. Thanks.

Michael

[email protected]

Centering a worksheet for viewing

I feared I couldn't obtain a space to the left as I had hoped and as
you verified. Thanks.

Michael