-   -   providing serial numbers with cells hidden (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/380099-re-providing-serial-numbers-cells-hidden.html)

galimi

providing serial numbers with cells hidden

I have posted an example to http://www.HelpExcel.com/examples
The title is hidden.xls
I use a simple function to determine whether the row is hidden or not:

Public Function hiddenRow()

Application.Volatile True

hiddenRow = Application.ThisCell.Rows.Hidden

End Function

--
http://HelpExcel.com

"srinivasan" wrote:

Dear Community members,
I am having a worksheet withlot of data with continuous serial number in col
A. I would like to know if it is possible to provide continuous serial
numbers without taking in to account of the rows that are hidden. i.e if row
5 is hidden the serial number should continue with row4 to row 6 without
taking int o account of the hidden row 5
thank you

galimi

providing serial numbers with cells hidden

You may just need to turn on auto calculation.
--
http://HelpExcel.com

"srinivasan" wrote:

Dear Mr Galimi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.The code provided by you fulfills my object. But
the serial numbers are not automatically adjust itself and renumbers when
ever a row is hidden unless I recalculate the sheet using F9. Can it be
still improved ?

"srinivasan" wrote:

Dear Community members,
I am having a worksheet withlot of data with continuous serial number in col
A. I would like to know if it is possible to provide continuous serial
numbers without taking in to account of the rows that are hidden. i.e if row
5 is hidden the serial number should continue with row4 to row 6 without
taking int o account of the hidden row 5
thank you

Abdul Qadir

providing serial numbers with cells hidden

Dear I tried this one but it is not working properly. May be I am getting
wrong. Can you explain how can I use this code and where?

Regards

Abdul Qadir