-   -   Open Read Only (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/380064-re-open-read-only.html)

John Bundy

Open Read Only

just add 2 commas to the end and a true for read only and you got it.
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"Jason" wrote:

I have some code that opens another workbook. I would like to open the
workbood in read only mode regardless of whether another user is in the
target workbook, but I do not want the read only prompt box to pop up when
the code runs. Can someone please tell my how I can adjust this code so that
I will not get the prompt box. Thanks.

Set bk = Workbooks.Open(Filename:="P:\Test\Sample Workbook.xls")