-   -   Are Excel Shim Dll's have COM support (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/379400-excel-shim-dlls-have-com-support.html)

abhimanyu

Are Excel Shim Dll's have COM support

Hi,

I've created a Shim dll for my AddIn assembly. The Shim dll was built
as a VC++ project. I need to use this dll in my .NET project but it
says that the dll is not a valid COM component.

Aren;t these shim dll COM components ?

regards

RapidXLL_NET

Are Excel Shim Dll's have COM support

In general, it is necessary to wrap native C/C++ DLLs using MC++ to
convert it into a .NET library. This library would then be accessible
from any of the .NET languags ( C#, VBA.NET, ...)

RapidXLL_NET automatically converts C++ headers into .NET libraries.
Please visit http://www.RapidXLL.net for sample dll and .NET
application code.