-   -   2 column List Box populated with data not from Excel sheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/379185-2-column-list-box-populated-data-not-excel-sheet.html)

MariahJ

2 column List Box populated with data not from Excel sheet?

Hello,

I would like to populate a listbox with 2 columns of data. This data is
in an array called FirmNames. This is how I am doing it currently

With FirmList
For i = 1 To NumFirmNames
.AddItem (CStr(FirmNames(i).FirmName & vbTab &
FirmNames(i).Selected))
Next i
End With

However, the problem is that the FirmNames have different lengths, so
the second column does not line up.

I am much more familiar with forms in Access, and would like to do
something similar to the following:

For i = 1 To NumFirmNames
rowString = rowString & CStr(FirmNames(i).FirmName) &
"; " & FirmNames(i).Selected & "; "
Next i
FirmList.RowSource = rowString

(The column count property is set to 2). However, this gives me a
syntax error in Excel because the rowSource property here seems to be a
range on the Excel worksheet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mariah

MariahJ

2 column List Box populated with data not from Excel sheet?

I have the column widths set. The problem is I don't know how to get
the data into 2 different columns. What I am doing now puts both
FirmNames(i).FirmName and FirmName(i).Selected into the same column.

JLGWhiz wrote:
You can set the column width with the ColumnWidths Property. See VBA Help
for details.