-   -   Vlookup Cannot Find a Particular Date in a Range? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/379171-vlookup-cannot-find-particular-date-range.html)

CCL

Vlookup Cannot Find a Particular Date in a Range?

When I use a Vlookup function in VBA to search the record entry dates from a
range, it cannot find the record and just returns the run-time error. I am
sure that the particular dates exist in the range since I have used Countif
in VBA and Vlookup in worksheet to test if it exists. Could anybody tell me
why?

Price=Application.WorksheetFunction.Vlookup(EntyDa te,Sheets("Price").Columns("A:B"),2,0)

Thanks

Niek Otten

Vlookup Cannot Find a Particular Date in a Range?

Use Range instead of Columns

Price=Application.WorksheetFunction.Vlookup(EntyDa te,Sheets("Price").Range("A:B"),2,0)

But if a date is not there, it will look through the entire column. So it is better to limit the range to the rows that actually
contain data.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"CCL" wrote in message ...
| When I use a Vlookup function in VBA to search the record entry dates from a
| range, it cannot find the record and just returns the run-time error. I am
| sure that the particular dates exist in the range since I have used Countif
| in VBA and Vlookup in worksheet to test if it exists. Could anybody tell me
| why?
|
| Price=Application.WorksheetFunction.Vlookup(EntyDa te,Sheets("Price").Columns("A:B"),2,0)
|
| Thanks

Niek Otten

Vlookup Cannot Find a Particular Date in a Range?

Dim Entrydate as Double worked for me

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten