-   -   name sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/379099-name-sheet.html)

Gert

name sheet

Hi all,

is it possible to use a private sub to change the name of a worksheet
as soon as a specific cell is changed (cell value must be part of the
sheet name)

thanks in advance
Gert

Bob Phillips

name sheet

Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1" '<== change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit
Application.EnableEvents = False

With Target
sh.Name = "Sheet" & .Value
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

'code module. To do this, right-click

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Gert" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

is it possible to use a private sub to change the name of a worksheet
as soon as a specific cell is changed (cell value must be part of the
sheet name)

thanks in advance
Gert

Gert

name sheet

Thanks Bob,

with a small adaption it works perfect

I have replaced: sh.Name = Sheet" &.Value
by: Activesheet.Name = Sheet" &.Value

regards
Gert

Bob Phillips

name sheet

Oops. Sorry about that, don't know what I was thinking there. Rather than
Activesheet, it would be better to refer to Me, they should be the same
object, but it is the 'proper' way of doing it.

--
---
HTH

Bob