-   -   coding help for headers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/379077-re-coding-help-headers.html)

Ron de Bruin

coding help for headers

One way is to test the sheet index

If ActiveSheet.Index 7 Then
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.CenterHeader = _
"&""Arial,Bold""Statement of Investment Advisory Services" _
& Chr(10) & "prepared for " & Chr(10) & "&14" &
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value _
& "&10" & Chr(10) & "for the three month period
from " & Chr(10) _
& ActiveSheet.Range("B2").Value & Chr(10) &
Chr(10)
End With

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Dixie Folzenlogen" <Dixie wrote in
message ...
I'm not a programmer but have occasionally been able to "piece together"
some
VB code using this forum which has been very helpful. Here's what I'm
trying
to do:
I want to generate page headers on multiple worksheets in one workbook
which
pull in information using cell references. I do not want to have this
particular header for ALL my worksheets. Specifically, the first 7
worksheets should not have a header and the balance should. Using this
forum, I put this in this code:

With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.CenterHeader = _
"&""Arial,Bold""Statement of Investment Advisory Services" _
& Chr(10) & "prepared for " & Chr(10) & "&14" &
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value _
& "&10" & Chr(10) & "for the three month period from " & Chr(10) _
& ActiveSheet.Range("B2").Value & Chr(10) & Chr(10)
End With
End Sub

Unfortunately, this is applied against all worksheets. Can someone tell
me
what I am doing wrong? I would certainly appreciate any help.

Ron de Bruin

coding help for headers

hi Dixie

Your first worksheet have index 1 and the second = 2 and the ......

If ActiveSheet.Index 7 Then
This will only run the code if the activesheet is in position 8 or higher.

Have you delete the header in all sheets first before you start testing ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Dixie Folzenlogen" wrote in
message ...
Thanks Ron. Forgive my ignorance but what is the sheet index? I have
combined several workbooks and even tho one of my worksheets is in
"position
1" in the current workbook, it must have retained it's old "index" because
the header is still showing up. Suggestions?

_