-   -   Macro assigned to Menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/379075-re-macro-assigned-menu.html)

Dave Peterson

Macro assigned to Menu

Your life will become much simpler if you include code to create the toolbar
when the workbook is opened and include code to destroy the toolbar when the
workbook is closed.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

Chad wrote:

Within a file I have a macro that I created name Macro1. I created a custom
dropdown menu and assigned this macro to one of the items on the dropdown
menu and everything works fine. However, if I save the file as another name
and then revert back to the original file, the macro assigned to that
dropdown menu item is not valid and I need to relink it. Any help in
resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad

--

Dave Peterson