-   -   Conversion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/379072-re-conversion.html)

Ron de Bruin

Conversion

Hi bodhisatvaofboogie

Select the cells and run this macro

Sub TrailingMinus()
' = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
' Use of CDbl suggested by Peter Surcouf
' Program by Dana DeLouis,
' = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dim rng As Range
Dim bigrng As Range

On Error Resume Next
Set bigrng = Cells.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues).Cells
If bigrng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

For Each rng In bigrng.Cells
rng = CDbl(rng)
Next

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"bodhisatvaofboogie" wrote in
message ...
I am writing a macro that pulls data from one system into excel then
formats
it. One problem I have come across is this:

Some number data that is brought in has the "-" sign at the back, example:
17.25-

I want it to be:
-17.25

What is a VBE line of code to have that cell changed in that manner?

The cells that have those numbers in them end up not being viable for
calculating into a sum total unless I find a way to switch them which ends
up
throwing off my final calculations. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!