-   -   Does the Macro Editor have an .exe associated to it? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/378948-does-macro-editor-have-exe-associated.html)

[email protected]

Does the Macro Editor have an .exe associated to it?

I'm trying to configure scroll wheel mouse settings by application.
The settings I apply to Microsoft Excel do not carry over the the VB
Macro Editor when I launch it from within MS Excel. Does anyone know
if there's a .exe associated with the VB Macro Editor?

Thanks,
Mike

Jon Peltier

Does the Macro Editor have an .exe associated to it?

I think it's just DLLs called by Excel, but I could be wrong.

The scroll wheel in general has problems in the VBE. A common suggestion is
to use Gasanov's VBScroll. a small utility from http://www.gasanov.net/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm trying to configure scroll wheel mouse settings by application.
The settings I apply to Microsoft Excel do not carry over the the VB
Macro Editor when I launch it from within MS Excel. Does anyone know
if there's a .exe associated with the VB Macro Editor?

Thanks,
Mike

Dave Peterson

Does the Macro Editor have an .exe associated to it?

Just to add...

I think I read a post that says that wheel mouses (mice?) will work ok in
xl2007's VBE.

I use VBScroll, but there are at least a couple of options:

http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.htm
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

Jon Peltier wrote:

I think it's just DLLs called by Excel, but I could be wrong.

The scroll wheel in general has problems in the VBE. A common suggestion is
to use Gasanov's VBScroll. a small utility from http://www.gasanov.net/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

ups.com...

--

Dave Peterson

Jon Peltier

Does the Macro Editor have an .exe associated to it?

Dave -

You're right. Microsoft finally made the scroll wheel work in 2007's VBE.

- Jon
-------

Jon Peltier wrote:

I think it's just DLLs called by Excel, but I could be wrong.

The scroll wheel in general has problems in the VBE. A common suggestion
is
to use Gasanov's VBScroll. a small utility from http://www.gasanov.net/

- Jon
-------