-   -   Search column for certain criteria and display results in a table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/378940-search-column-certain-criteria-display-results-table.html)

cheeser83

Search column for certain criteria and display results in a table

What I am wanting to do is have a macro or some sort of VBA code that
will search a certain column for certain criteria and output the
results in a table on another sheet. I will give an example:

I have a sheet, Sheet1, that contains columns labeled Branch, Project,
Project Type, and Yards.

In the Project Type column, I will have something like 4 options I will
input on the cells. The options will be R for residential, C for
commerical, CASH for cash jobs, and X for everything else. The Yards
column will be a figure representing the total amount of Cubic Yards
for each job.

I need something that will search the Project Type column for each of
the 4 options and total the amount of yards from the Yards column for
each project type. So, if i have 10 jobs, it will search the 10 jobs,
determine which kind each is by the Project Code, total the yards for
each type and display the info in a table on another sheet. The table
will display Residential, Commercial, Cash, and Other and the total
amount of yards for each.

Any help is MUCH appreciated!!