-   -   How do I create a macro to Show detail in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/378892-re-how-do-i-create-macro-show-detail-excel.html)

Jim Cone

How do I create a macro to Show detail in Excel

The code you have is XL4 code.
It is valid in all versions of Excel since xl4.
However, it only has 3 arguments not 5.
Eliminate: ,,8 and it will work...

ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.DETAIL(1,10,TRUE)"
The first arg specifies rows or columns... 1 or 2
The 2nd arg is the summary row (or column)
The 3rd arg uses True to display and False to Hide.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Mike Tansley" <Mike

wrote in message Hi,

Im using MS Excel 2003. Im trying to create a macro which automatically
expands (Show detail) a few rows that I have grouped.
I have recorded a macro. It generated the following:
Rows("11:11").Select
ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.DETAIL(1,10,TRUE,,8)"
But, when I try and run this, it tells me Ive "entered too many arguments
for this function".
Does anyone know what Im doing wrong
Thanks
Mike

Mike Tansley

How do I create a macro to Show detail in Excel

Thanks Jim. That worked perfectly!