-   -   Save As location (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/378770-re-save-location.html)

Ron de Bruin

Save As location

Hi Steve

You can use ChDirNet

See how I use it in macro Example 6 on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm#select

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Steve C" wrote in message
In a template I've created, I want to program a button for users to save
their work to a specific file location on our network. While I can get
the
Save As dialog box to appear, my attempts to get the location correct have
failed. Here's what I've tried so far:

ChDir "G:\Data\Managers"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show
RESULT: Opens Save As, but not to the correct folder

I've also tried the BeforeSave event (placing the code in the template's
workbook module):

Boolean)
ChDir "G:\Data\Managers"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show
RESULT: Opens Save As, but not to the correct folder.

Obviously, my ChDir code isn't the answer. Any suggestions? Thanks!
--
Steve C