-   -   Extract Certain Data from closed file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/378457-extract-certain-data-closed-file.html)

joecrabtree

Extract Certain Data from closed file

To All,

I want to be able to do the following:

Spreadsheet data.xls is a CLOSED spreadsheet that contains many columns
and rows of data. I want to search column C of this spreadsheet, and
extract all the rows that contain FR55 in column C to a spreadsheet
newdata.xls. The macro needs to be contained in spreadsheet newdata.xls
and extract the data from data.xls.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Regards

Joseph Crabtree

Franz Verga

Extract Certain Data from closed file

Nel post ups.com
*joecrabtree* ha scritto:

To All,

I want to be able to do the following:

Spreadsheet data.xls is a CLOSED spreadsheet that contains many
columns and rows of data. I want to search column C of this
spreadsheet, and extract all the rows that contain FR55 in column C
to a spreadsheet newdata.xls. The macro needs to be contained in
spreadsheet newdata.xls and extract the data from data.xls.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Regards

Joseph Crabtree

Hi Joseph,

Try to see he

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...dacimportwbado

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...nvbadacwbdbado

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...nvbadacwbdbdao

I think you should find something to solve your problem...

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Dave Peterson

Extract Certain Data from closed file

I'd open data.xls and use data|Filter|autofilter on the worksheet in column C.
Then filter to show FR55's and copy the visible range to the other location.
Then close data.xls.

With screenupdating turned off, it should be invisible to the user.