-   -   Return values from UserForms (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/377710-return-values-userforms.html)

Graham Y

Return values from UserForms

I open an input form when the sheet is opened.
How can I get a return value from a UserForm, so I can close the form and
cancel the action if the Cancel Button is pressed, and I return to the
spreadsheet, as opposed to accepting the input, printing it, saving it and
closing it if they press OK.

TIA

Tom Ogilvy

Return values from UserForms

You don't.

Put a public variable in the general module, and have the cancel button set
the value of that variable so you can check it in your code.

Tom Ogilvy

"Graham Y" wrote in message
I open an input form when the sheet is opened.
How can I get a return value from a UserForm, so I can close the form and
cancel the action if the Cancel Button is pressed, and I return to the
spreadsheet, as opposed to accepting the input, printing it, saving it and
closing it if they press OK.

TIA

Graham Y

Return values from UserForms