-   -   Change cell formula based on input in different cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/377476-change-cell-formula-based-input-different-cell.html)

DtTall

Change cell formula based on input in different cell

Here is a somewhat unique issue. I am dealing with a variable lead
time on an item and the value entered can be 1, 2, 3...etc for how many
weeks.

The issue is that if the value is 1 then B5=C4. If the value is
changed to 2, then I want B5=D4 and so on. Is there anyway to do this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
DtTall

Ardus Petus

Change cell formula based on input in different cell

Assuming your input cell is A1, enter in B5:
=OFFSET(B4,0,A1)

Cheers,
--
AP

"DtTall" a écrit dans le message de news:
Here is a somewhat unique issue. I am dealing with a variable lead
time on an item and the value entered can be 1, 2, 3...etc for how many
weeks.

The issue is that if the value is 1 then B5=C4. If the value is
changed to 2, then I want B5=D4 and so on. Is there anyway to do this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
DtTall

Bob Phillips

Change cell formula based on input in different cell

In B5

=CHOOSE(variable_lead_time,C4,D4)

just extend as required

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"DtTall" wrote in message
ps.com...
Here is a somewhat unique issue. I am dealing with a variable lead
time on an item and the value entered can be 1, 2, 3...etc for how many
weeks.

The issue is that if the value is 1 then B5=C4. If the value is
changed to 2, then I want B5=D4 and so on. Is there anyway to do this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
DtTall

Bob Phillips

Change cell formula based on input in different cell

Long time no see!

"Ardus Petus" wrote in message

Ardus Petus

Change cell formula based on input in different cell

Been busy getting paid for my developments!