Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro problems

I've got a macro that takes a worksheet, does some formatting, then opens
another workbook, and is suppose to pull information from that workbook, into
the original file.

The original file is a .csv file made from another program, that I open in
excel with comma's as the deliminater, to populate the first 3 columns. So
the name won't always be the same.

The problem I'm having is that when I run the macro from my "personal
workbook" it starts the formatting, but when it goes to opening the new file
to get some data, it starts doing the rest of the formatting in that file.
How can I go about getting it to do the formatting in the first file?

Is there a way for me to, when I start the macro, declare the page it was
started from into a variable, so I can then use that to specify the page I
want it to work from.

Also, is there a way to hide the second file once I open it, and still read
data from it?

Macro Problems cvach Excel Programming 0 January 31st 06 11:42 PM
Macro Problems unique Excel Programming 1 October 25th 05 08:45 PM
various macro problems legepe[_11_] Excel Programming 1 October 23rd 04 09:59 PM
Macro problems in XP Eva Shanley[_2_] Excel Programming 1 September 21st 04 05:37 PM
macro problems Peter Wiley Excel Programming 2 September 10th 03 09:53 PM