-   -   saving text files and parsing data to spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/376580-saving-text-files-parsing-data-spreadsheet.html)

priti

saving text files and parsing data to spreadsheet

Hi,

I have a series of small tasks that will be 1 medium task in the end I need
to do that I cannot get my head around.

1. I need to save a file from a website automatically every minute to my
computer. It will be like this
http://www.testfile.com/testfile.txt.

2. I need to parse the data on the text file and put it into a excel
spreadheet automatically or every 1 minute. The row data will be | delimited.

3. Sort the data so that one of the fiels dicates where the data goes in the
spreadsheet.

Question, are there any tools out there that can help automate this process
and what approach would be the most efficient.

Priti