-   -   Cell Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/376480-cell-formula.html)

santaviga

Cell Formula

I have a range of cells that will cotain an "X" i need a formula in a cell to
recognise if these cells contain an "X" and return a value of £0.50 and so on
if another X is placed in the range of cells this will increase to £1.00 and
so on, I know this is easy I had it last week but cant remember it.

Thanks,

Mark

Tom Ogilvy

Cell Formula

=countif(A1:C10,"x")*.50

and format the cell to display £ and two decimals.

Tom Ogilvy