-   -   Copy Data from Multiple Closed Workbooks to Open Workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/376364-copy-data-multiple-closed-workbooks-open-workbook.html)

Kris

Copy Data from Multiple Closed Workbooks to Open Workbook

Is there a way programmatically that I can copy data from multiple
workbooks and append each set of data to an open work book.

Here is the situation I have about 35 large workbooks each containing
data for a market I need to combine all the data so do analysis
throughout all 35 instead of having to search 1 by 1 and then adding up
the data manually.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Cone

Copy Data from Multiple Closed Workbooks to Open Workbook

Ron de Bruin has code here that can get you started...
"Create a summary worksheet from different workbooks"
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Kris"
wrote in message
Is there a way programmatically that I can copy data from multiple
workbooks and append each set of data to an open work book.

Here is the situation I have about 35 large workbooks each containing
data for a market I need to combine all the data so do analysis
throughout all 35 instead of having to search 1 by 1 and then adding up
the data manually.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Ron de Bruin

Copy Data from Multiple Closed Workbooks to Open Workbook

Or maybe ?
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message
Is there a way programmatically that I can copy data from multiple
workbooks and append each set of data to an open work book.

Here is the situation I have about 35 large workbooks each containing
data for a market I need to combine all the data so do analysis
throughout all 35 instead of having to search 1 by 1 and then adding up
the data manually.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Kris

Copy Data from Multiple Closed Workbooks to Open Workbook

These look great. Thanks for the help I am going to look into using
them first thing tomorrow.

Thank you,
Kris

wrote in message
Is there a way programmatically that I can copy data from multiple
workbooks and append each set of data to an open work book.

Here is the situation I have about 35 large workbooks each containing
data for a market I need to combine all the data so do analysis
throughout all 35 instead of having to search 1 by 1 and then adding up
the data manually.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -