-   -   Macro Security Warning (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/376193-macro-security-warning.html)

Mike Harbinger

Macro Security Warning

In XL 2003 I created my first, very simple macro to execute Ctrl-F6 to move
to the next window.
I added the macro to my personal.xls

Now each time I load XL I get the security macro warning. I would like to
keep my security level at high/medium but avoid the security prompting each
time I load XL. Can this be done?

Thanks!

Susan

Macro Security Warning

you could search the newsgroup under "security warning" or something
like that. i've seen several threads on this issue. my understanding
is that the answer is no. while i haven't worked on this issue
personally, it seems that this warning activates before any macro runs,
so you can't write a macro to block it.
susan

Mike Harbinger wrote:
In XL 2003 I created my first, very simple macro to execute Ctrl-F6 to move
to the next window.
I added the macro to my personal.xls

Now each time I load XL I get the security macro warning. I would like to
keep my security level at high/medium but avoid the security prompting each
time I load XL. Can this be done?

Thanks!

Ken Puls

Macro Security Warning

Absolutely. There is a program called Selfcert.exe that will create a
digital certificate. There is a tutorial he

Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
www.excelguru.ca