-   -   Don't unhide my worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/375637-re-dont-unhide-my-worksheets.html)

Dean[_8_]

Don't unhide my worksheets

This seem great since it doesn't even allow them to see if something is
hidden. I am wondering if I should have it installed always, just to be
safe, in which case, if my macro needs to hide some sheets, it needs to turn
it off. so it can hide some sheets, then turn it back on. Or else, only put
it there after the sheets are hidden by the macro, in which case, the
protection will be installed only when the macro is invoked.

Is there a downside to workbook protection?

Dean
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
You can protect the workbook:

Tools|Protection|Protect workbook|check the Structure option.

Give it a nice memorable password.

Be aware that this password is easily broken--so it won't stop everyone.

And this will stop the users from renaming, adding, deleting, moving
worksheets.

ps. This is a text only newsgroup. Please post in plain text--not HTML.

Dean wrote:

I wrote a macro that hides worksheets under certain conditions. Is there
way so that users can't simply unhide those sheets, perhaps via some sort
of
password they wouldn't know? Does the workBOOK need to be protected to
accomplish this? If so, what are the other adverse implications of
protecting
a workbook? I don't want a cure worse than the disease.

Thanks!
Dean

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Don't unhide my worksheets

The downside is that there are things that can't be done in a protected
workbook. But that's it's upside, too.

Dean wrote:

I wrote a macro that hides worksheets under certain conditions. Is there
way so that users can't simply unhide those sheets, perhaps via some sort
of
password they wouldn't know? Does the workBOOK need to be protected to
accomplish this? If so, what are the other adverse implications of
protecting
a workbook? I don't want a cure worse than the disease.

Thanks!
Dean

--

Dave Peterson