-   -   Deleting exact duplicates in a database (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/375615-deleting-exact-duplicates-database.html)

Oldjay

Deleting exact duplicates in a database

I want to check for and delete exact records in a database. Before the
record would be deleted All fields would have to match

Tom Ogilvy

Deleting exact duplicates in a database

Why not get a unique listing use advanced filter

Select the database
Data=Filter=Advanced Filter

Select copy to another location and designate a cell

then click the Unqiques only checkbox in the lower left

then click OK.

If you want code, turn on the macro recorder while you do it manually.

Tom Ogilvy

"Oldjay" wrote:

I want to check for and delete exact records in a database. Before the
record would be deleted All fields would have to match

Oldjay

Deleting exact duplicates in a database

Thanks