-   -   Problem: keyboard shortcuts get changed unintentionally (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/375564-problem-keyboard-shortcuts-get-changed-unintentionally.html)

Lost[_6_]

Problem: keyboard shortcuts get changed unintentionally

Can anybody help? My XL keyboard shortcuts get changed unintentionally
e.g. CTRL/B doesn't do bold, CTRL/# doesn't format to date, F4 doesn't
repeat last command etc?

When I restart XL these work again. Maybe I hit some combination which
changes the mode?

Chip Pearson

Problem: keyboard shortcuts get changed unintentionally

It sounds like an add-in is changing your keyboard settings. Close Excel and
then hold down the SHIFT key as you restart it. The SHIFT key will prevent
Excel from running the normal startup keys. Then go to the Tools menu,
choose Add-ins. Incrementally add each add-in that you normally have open,
testing your keys shortcuts after each add-in. You'll likely find that one
add-in is messing up your keys. If you can edit the code in the add-in, you
can take out the offending code, or contact the author of the addin.

Also, try getting rid of your *.xlb file. Search for a file name "*.xlsb"
(the name and location will vary depending on your version of Windows and
Office. Move (not copy) the file to another location, like the desktop. Then
restart Excel. See if your keyboard shortcuts work. If so, the source of the
problem is the XLB file.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Lost" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anybody help? My XL keyboard shortcuts get changed unintentionally
e.g. CTRL/B doesn't do bold, CTRL/# doesn't format to date, F4 doesn't
repeat last command etc?

When I restart XL these work again. Maybe I hit some combination which
changes the mode?

Lost[_6_]

Problem: keyboard shortcuts get changed unintentionally

many thanks

Chip Pearson wrote:
[...]

oups.com...