-   -   Can I make "Option Compare Text" the default (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/375091-can-i-make-option-compare-text-default.html)

[email protected]

Can I make "Option Compare Text" the default

I can make "Option Explicit" the default so that each time I create a new
module, theat statement is automatically placed at the top of the module.
I would also like to do the same thing with "Option Compare Text"

Is that possible?

Thanks.

Jim Cone

Can I make "Option Compare Text" the default

To make "Option Explicit" the default...
in the visual basic editor (VBE), on the Tools menu, select "Options"
and on the "Editor" tab, checkmark "Require Variable Declaration".
I know of no way to make "Option Compare Text" the default.

Worth reading...
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm
--
Jim Cone