-   -   Identifying Userform Control Type (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374943-identifying-userform-control-type.html)

Nigel RS[_2_]

Identifying Userform Control Type

Hi All
How can I identifiy the type of control (command button, testbox etc.) on a
userform?

I wish to do two things...

1. Store the control type in a sheet cell
2. Use a conditional depending on the control type

Thanks

WhytheQ

Identifying Userform Control Type

Hi Nigel.
Something like the following code, when used in the code window behind
the userform, seems to work:

'=============================
Dim ctl As Control
dim i as integer

i=1

For Each ctl In Me.Controls

Activesheet.cells(i,1) = ctl.typeof 'this will list the type in
column1

if ctl.TypeOf ctl Is MSForms.textbox then
msgbox "Your textbox contains the following text " & ctl.text
end if

i=i+1

next ctl
'=============================

Hope this is a start for you
Rgds

Nigel RS wrote:

Hi All
How can I identifiy the type of control (command button, testbox etc.) on a
userform?

I wish to do two things...

1. Store the control type in a sheet cell
2. Use a conditional depending on the control type

Thanks

Peter T

Identifying Userform Control Type

dim ctr as control
for each ctr in myform.controls
n = n + 1
sType = typename(ctr)
cells(n,1) = sType
cells(n,2) = ctr.name

select case sType
case "CommandButton": 'code
' etc
end select
next

(not tested)

Regards,
Peter T

"Nigel RS" wrote in message
Hi All
How can I identifiy the type of control (command button, testbox etc.) on

userform?

I wish to do two things...

1. Store the control type in a sheet cell
2. Use a conditional depending on the control type

Thanks

Nigel RS[_2_]

Identifying Userform Control Type

Hi

ctl.typeof - does not work but

TypeName(ctl) does.

Thanks for the pointer

Nigel RS wrote:

Hi All
How can I identifiy the type of control (command button, testbox etc.) on a
userform?

I wish to do two things...

1. Store the control type in a sheet cell
2. Use a conditional depending on the control type

Thanks

Nigel RS[_2_]

Identifying Userform Control Type

Thank You

I used TypeName(ctr) as the assignment value

Cheers