-   -   copy values in more cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374752-copy-values-more-cells.html)

massi[_2_]

copy values in more cells

Hi,
I have a column with cells merged at groups of 8. in the column next to it i
would like to have a formula that copy the value of the merged cells (that
would be the first one of each group as if i do umerged the value is always
on the top one)
not sure i can make myself to clear about this. see table below (in the
example I made groups of 3 instead 8)

A B C
1”‚ z z
2”‚ z
3”‚ z
4”‚ k k
5”‚ k
6”‚ k
7”‚0 0
8”‚ 0
9”‚ 0

where column A contains the merged cells in groups of 3 (1 to 3, 4 to 6, 7to
9) and column B contains the formula that copy from column A.
any idea of how to do this?

thanks

JLatham

copy values in more cells

In the first cell in B (at B1) put the formula =A1
In B2 put =IF(A2="",B1,A2)
and fill that second formula down the column.

"massi" wrote:

[...]

works fine.
thanks a lot!

"massi" wrote:

[...]