Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with nested merge with bodering - Please help

Hello all,

I am facing a constant problem while creating a "thick box border" for
the merged cells for special conditions. I would deeply appreicate
anyone

here is a situation:

merged cell B2 (formed by merging cells B2 to B8) and another merged
cell C2 (formed by merging C2, D2, E2, F2) are in a worksheet.

merged cell B2 is clicked, Ctrl is pressed and the other merged cell C2
is pressed. This selects both the merged cells. When this operation is
performed and if the user presses a comman button "Show bounds", then
the area encompassed by these cells should turn into a thick box
border... Is this possible? If yes, please help me..

In this case, the result would be a thick box around the merged cell
B2, merged cell C2, cells F3-F8 and cells C8-F8.

Please help me with the code, that is generic and works with any type
of merging of cells.

Thanks a lot,
Thulasiram