-   -   Clear Undo? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374567-clear-undo.html)

Zone

Clear Undo?

I'm clearing a bunch of drawing objects from my worksheet and
recreating them with VBA. Is Undo holding how all these old objects?
If so, I'd like to clear it and free up that memory. Excel XP (2002)
TIA, James

Tom Ogilvy

Clear Undo?

Undo doesn't record changes made by VBA.

So I don't think you have a concern there.

Tom Ogilvy

"Zone" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm clearing a bunch of drawing objects from my worksheet and
recreating them with VBA. Is Undo holding how all these old objects?
If so, I'd like to clear it and free up that memory. Excel XP (2002)
TIA, James

JLGWhiz

Clear Undo?

Based on what I have read about it, it is an ApplicationCommand Class command
which simply acts on the last transaction if the user invokes it. My
understanding is that it is the amount of transactions that you generate
before saving or closing that occupies the memory. However, I ain't all that
smart.

"Zone" wrote:

I'm clearing a bunch of drawing objects from my worksheet and
recreating them with VBA. Is Undo holding how all these old objects?
If so, I'd like to clear it and free up that memory. Excel XP (2002)
TIA, James

Zone

Clear Undo?

Many thanks, Tom. I can check this off my list. James
Tom Ogilvy wrote:
Undo doesn't record changes made by VBA.

So I don't think you have a concern there.

Tom Ogilvy

"Zone" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm clearing a bunch of drawing objects from my worksheet and
recreating them with VBA. Is Undo holding how all these old objects?
If so, I'd like to clear it and free up that memory. Excel XP (2002)
TIA, James

Zone

Clear Undo?

JLG, thanks for your reply. James