-   -   AUTO FILL CELL WITH DATE & TIME OF DAY AM/PM (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374439-auto-fill-cell-date-time-day-am-pm.html)

JKLONEEAGLE

AUTO FILL CELL WITH DATE & TIME OF DAY AM/PM

HELP.
I WANT THE CELLS IN COLUMN "A1 THRU A34" TO BE AUTOMATICALLY FILLED IN WITH
THE DAYS DATE & CURRENT TIME A.M./P.M. WHEN I POPULATE AN OPPOSING CELL IN
COLUMN "B1 THRU B34" AND I DO NOT WANT THE TIME & DATE TO CHANGE WHEN I
REOPEN THE SPREADSHEET. I ALSO WANT THE TIME OF DAY IN COLUMN "C1 THRU C34 TO
BE SUBSTRACTED FROM THE TIME OF DAY SHOWN IN COLUMN "D1 THRU D34. IS THIS
POSSIBLE IN EXCEL AND HOW WOULD THIS BE DONE. YOUR HELP WILL BE VERY MUCH
APPRECIATED. HELP!!!!!!! THANK YOU. REGARDS, JKLONEEAGLE

Tom Ogilvy

AUTO FILL CELL WITH DATE & TIME OF DAY AM/PM

Use the worksheet Change event

See Chip Pearson's page on Events
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Events.htm

sample code he

http://tinyurl.com/kbtv4

Tom Ogilvy

"JKLONEEAGLE" wrote in message
HELP.
I WANT THE CELLS IN COLUMN "A1 THRU A34" TO BE AUTOMATICALLY FILLED IN
WITH
THE DAYS DATE & CURRENT TIME A.M./P.M. WHEN I POPULATE AN OPPOSING CELL
IN
COLUMN "B1 THRU B34" AND I DO NOT WANT THE TIME & DATE TO CHANGE WHEN I
REOPEN THE SPREADSHEET. I ALSO WANT THE TIME OF DAY IN COLUMN "C1 THRU C34
BE SUBSTRACTED FROM THE TIME OF DAY SHOWN IN COLUMN "D1 THRU D34. IS THIS
POSSIBLE IN EXCEL AND HOW WOULD THIS BE DONE. YOUR HELP WILL BE VERY MUCH
APPRECIATED. HELP!!!!!!! THANK YOU. REGARDS, JKLONEEAGLE

JKLONEEAGLE

AUTO FILL CELL WITH DATE & TIME OF DAY AM/PM

Thanks Tom for responding to my problem and what you have given me is very
intresting information which I will study. My problem is I am not a
programmer I am definatelly a user that is in over his head doing this sort
of thing and I was hoping to find a macro or formula that would solve my
problem. Thanks for your help.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

[...]

many of the answers to the questions in the second URL do just what you
ask - so you have found a macro.

Just adjust them for your particular problem.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

[...]

Your right Tom, I have been looking at them and making the adjustments.
Thanks a Million for your help.