-   -   Autofill until Null (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374431-autofill-until-null.html)

steinmetzw42 via OfficeKB.com

Autofill until Null

Hello,

I am having an issue with what I would believe to be an easy issue. I'm
trying to have column AU (starting a row 8) autofill with "N" untill the same
row in column A is null. Below is what I have been to use but it doesn't
want to work. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Dim rng4 As Range

Set rng4 = Worksheets("shtXL").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)
If rng4.Row < 8 Then
Set rng4 = Worksheets("shtXL").Range("A8")
Set rng5 = Worksheets("shtXL").Cells(Rows.Count, 3).End(xlUp)
rng5.AutoFill.Value = "N"

Jim Cone

Autofill until Null

Sub MakeItWork()
Dim SourceRange As Excel.Range
Dim fillRange As Excel.Range
Dim rng4 As Excel.Range
With Worksheets("shtXL")
Set rng4 = .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)
If rng4.Row < 10 Then
Exit Sub
Else
Set SourceRange = .Range("AU8")
SourceRange.Value = "N"
Set fillRange = .Range(SourceRange, .Cells(rng4.Row, "AU"))
SourceRange.AutoFill Destination:=fillRange ', Type:=xlFillValues
End If
End With
End Sub
------------
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

wrote in message
Hello,
I am having an issue with what I would believe to be an easy issue. I'm
trying to have column AU (starting a row 8) autofill with "N" untill the same
row in column A is null. Below is what I have been to use but it doesn't
want to work. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Dim rng4 As Range
Set rng4 = Worksheets("shtXL").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)
If rng4.Row < 8 Then
Set rng4 = Worksheets("shtXL").Range("A8")
Set rng5 = Worksheets("shtXL").Cells(Rows.Count, 3).End(xlUp)
rng5.AutoFill.Value = "N"

steinmetzw42 via OfficeKB.com

Autofill until Null

Thanks Jim.

I'm now having an error pop-up while the code is running. The error is:
"There has been an error with the procedu Method 'Worksheets' of object
'_Global' failed" What would give this error? I've never seen one like this
before. Thanks.

Jim Cone

Autofill until Null

Post the code you are using and note where the error occurs.

I only follow up on my posts for about four days; I saw your response
only by accident. Good practical advice here...
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA