-   -   Processing unread email? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374418-processing-unread-email.html)

Linn Kubler

Processing unread email?

Hi,

I'm writing a little VBA script to process through my inbox. What I'd like
to do is process only the unread messages, not all the messages in the
folder. I think I can simply test for the unread property with each loop
iteration but I am wondering if there is a more elegant solution available?
Is it possible to retrieve a list of messages in the folder that are unread?

Right now I use this line to get a list of all the messages in the inbox:
Set messageList = myInbox.Items()

The help indicates I can put parameters in the parens of Items but then it
only returns a single message item, not the collection. Any suggestions?
Oh, I'm running Outlook 2003 against Exchange Server 2003.

Thanks in advance,
Linn

Linn Kubler

Processing unread email?

Never mind, I think I found it. I didn't see the restrict method. Excuse
the interruption.
Thanks,
Linn