-   -   Sheet File To Large due to Pivot Tables? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374401-sheet-file-large-due-pivot-tables.html)

Allan P. London, CPA

Sheet File To Large due to Pivot Tables?

Folks,

The pivot tables on my project are taking an extra 2.5 MB when I save the
file. I empty the data sheet and refresh the Pivot Tables with no data
before closing the file and I made sure that the "Save data with table
layout" is NOT checked. I have 11 Pivot Tables, each with a corrisponding
graph. If I delete the graphs, I save about 1 MB, but they were carfully
formatted and it would take a bit of code to duplicate using VBA. So, what
is taking the extra 1.5 MB?

Thanks for your help.

APL

Peter T

Sheet File To Large due to Pivot Tables?

What is the usedrange on each sheet after cleaning up, maybe you are not
removing cell formats incl row/col dimensions.

1mg for 11 charts seems a lot, each chart only comprises series formulas,
formats etc, apart from the source data typically not much in the way of
file size.

Regards,
Peter T