-   -   Clipboard clear error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374383-clipboard-clear-error.html)

andres.navarret

Clipboard clear error

Hi,

Windows XP
Office 2003

I have been trying to write a macro that just copy a lot of informatio
from one sheet and then paste it into another as value, and the macr
has to do that several times. The problem is that when try to do it fo
the fourth time, Excel gives a message error that indicates th
application ran out of resources or something like that...in othe
words y put too much information in the clipboard y the syste
collapse. So I tried to clear the clipboard every time I paste the inf
and I tried to use the following instruction:

Clipboard.Clear and the Excel gave an "424" error...so VB it wa
missing an object, so I tried the following
My.Computer.Clipboard.Clear() and then Excel gave me an error that i
was expecting a "=".

I have searched in all kind of forums and everybody seems to us
Clipboard.Clear without a prob into thier codes, why I am having al
this trouble?, it is not my computer, because I have tried this a
least in three diffferent computers, so I am doing something wrong. Ca
you help me out, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Andres Navarret

--
andres.navarre
andres.navarret's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=458

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

NickHK[_3_]

Clipboard clear error

Not sure which langauge you are using, but may be you should ask a NG for
that langauge.

NickHK

"andres.navarret" 撰寫於郵件新聞:andres.navarret.2f7een@NoSpamPleaze .com...

Hi,

Windows XP
Office 2003

I have been trying to write a macro that just copy a lot of information
from one sheet and then paste it into another as value, and the macro
has to do that several times. The problem is that when try to do it for
the fourth time, Excel gives a message error that indicates the
application ran out of resources or something like that...in other
words y put too much information in the clipboard y the system
collapse. So I tried to clear the clipboard every time I paste the info
and I tried to use the following instruction:

Clipboard.Clear and the Excel gave an "424" error...so VB it was
missing an object, so I tried the following:
My.Computer.Clipboard.Clear() and then Excel gave me an error that it
was expecting a "=".

I have searched in all kind of forums and everybody seems to use
Clipboard.Clear without a prob into thier codes, why I am having all
this trouble?, it is not my computer, because I have tried this at
least in three diffferent computers, so I am doing something wrong. Can
you help me out, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Andres Navarrete

--
andres.navarret
andres.navarret's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4580

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

andres.navarret[_2_]

Clipboard clear error

I am using the Visual Basic Editor that comes with Excel to write th
macro

--
andres.navarre
andres.navarret's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=458
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=122023

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

NickHK[_3_]

Clipboard clear error

Well, you have to VBA to write your code then.
There are no such objects as Clipboard, My or Computer.

NickHK

"andres.navarret" 撰寫於郵件新聞:andres.navarret.2f7jyi@NoSpamPleaze .com...

I am using the Visual Basic Editor that comes with Excel to write the
macro.

--
andres.navarret
andres.navarret's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4580
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1220238

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

andres.navarret[_3_]

Clipboard clear error

Are you aware of some way to clear the clipboard from VBA code, becaus
I've tried and I am getting nowhere.

Thanks for the feedbac

--
andres.navarre
andres.navarret's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=458
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=122023

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

NickHK

Clipboard clear error

Andres,
Application.CutCopyMode = False

There is also the DataObject for working with the clipboard.

NickHK

"andres.navarret" wrote in message

Are you aware of some way to clear the clipboard from VBA code, because
I've tried and I am getting nowhere.

Thanks for the feedback