-   -   Pausing a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374382-pausing-macro.html)

[email protected]

Pausing a macro

I have a workbook where I select a file to open, from a list on my
worksheet, and then I press a command button to open the file selected.
However when selecting the file, a calculation takes place and if I
press the command button before the calculation is finished, I get an
error message. If I could get about a 5 second pause after pressing
the command button, the calculation will then be finished before the
macro runs.

How do I do this?

Bob Phillips

Pausing a macro

Application.Wait(Now + TimeValue("0:00:5"))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a workbook where I select a file to open, from a list on my
worksheet, and then I press a command button to open the file selected.
However when selecting the file, a calculation takes place and if I
press the command button before the calculation is finished, I get an
error message. If I could get about a 5 second pause after pressing
the command button, the calculation will then be finished before the
macro runs.

How do I do this?

Harald Staff

Pausing a macro

You don't say what kind of calculations or why it is trigged by the
selection how, but try something like

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.Calculate
DoEvents
'rest of code here
End Sub

HTH. Best wishes Harald

skrev i melding
ups.com...
I have a workbook where I select a file to open, from a list on my
worksheet, and then I press a command button to open the file selected.
However when selecting the file, a calculation takes place and if I
press the command button before the calculation is finished, I get an
error message. If I could get about a 5 second pause after pressing
the command button, the calculation will then be finished before the
macro runs.

How do I do this?

[email protected]

Pausing a macro

Bob Phillips solution resolves the problem. Thank for the help and to
all who replied.