-   -   Break Link (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374367-break-link.html)

rook

Break Link

I have a procedure where it will format a sheet, move it to a new book and
save it.
Problem is, a link is established from the original file to the saved one
even if there are no formulas linking any cell. Perhaps it was due to the
procedure.

Question, how can I break this link automatically?
Need you help.

Rook

Dave Peterson

Break Link

Excel doesn't lie.

If it thinks that you have a link back to the original workbook, you do. It
might not be in a formula in a cell, though. It could be in a Name.

I'd get a couple of tools to help find it:
Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

And Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

Once you find out where that link is, you may be able to fix it in the original
workbook (if it's not required) or modify your routine to fix it in the new
workbook.

--

Dave Peterson