-   -   XMLSS European Decimal Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374299-xmlss-european-decimal-values.html)

Bobthebadger

XMLSS European Decimal Values

I have a Web app that constructs reports using XMLSS which are sent to the
user's browser. This is now being used in European countries and I am now
having problems with decimal values. Specifically, regional settings for most
european countries specify that the "." character represents the thousand
separater and the "," character is the decimal separater.

So, when the Web app reads, say, 12.5 from the database and writes it to XML
the resulting spreadsheet displays fine if English / US etc... regional
settings are used but it is interpretted completely wrong for German etc...
settings.

Any ideas? I know I can look into reading the user's location from the Web
request, but I thought I'd first check is there some kind of canonical format
similar to the XSD date format I can use here?

--
A journey of 1,000 miles often ends in disaster.