-   -   Disable macros in Workbooks.open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374267-disable-macros-workbooks-open.html)

mps

Disable macros in Workbooks.open

In a macro in Workbook_A, I call workbooks.open("Workbook_B"). Although I am
(obviously) running macros in Workbook_A, I don't want to run Workbook_B's
startup macros when it is opened (but they are). How can I disable macros in
the load of Workbook_B?

Thanks,

Mike

Tom Ogilvy

Disable macros in Workbooks.open

application.EnableEvents = False
workbooks.Open "Workbook_b.xls"
application.EnableEvents = True

Tom Ogilvy

"mps" wrote:

In a macro in Workbook_A, I call workbooks.open("Workbook_B"). Although I am
(obviously) running macros in Workbook_A, I don't want to run Workbook_B's
startup macros when it is opened (but they are). How can I disable macros in
the load of Workbook_B?

Thanks,

Mike

mps