-   -   Searching and editing data with VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374223-searching-editing-data-vba.html)

[email protected]

Searching and editing data with VBA

Hi All,
I have a sheet that has info in it such as first name, last name,
email, location, and so on. I have made a form that helps the user fill
in this info, and would now like to make a form(or use current) with a
list or combo box that will show all the last and first names, then
when one is choosen it fills in the rest of the data (email, location)
into text boxes, so that the user can edit and save the data. I would
appreciate any help on this or an alternative method of doing this.

Thanks
Jay

John Fuller

Searching and editing data with VBA

Create your form (or modify the one you have) to contain a combo box.
Use the form initialize function to read in all the names from the
worksheet into the combo box. Then use the combo box change event to
find that person on your worksheet and read the info into the
appropriate fields.

wrote:
Hi All,
I have a sheet that has info in it such as first name, last name,
email, location, and so on. I have made a form that helps the user fill
in this info, and would now like to make a form(or use current) with a
list or combo box that will show all the last and first names, then
when one is choosen it fills in the rest of the data (email, location)
into text boxes, so that the user can edit and save the data. I would
appreciate any help on this or an alternative method of doing this.

Thanks
Jay

[email protected]

Searching and editing data with VBA

I'm sorry, I need to be more specific I need help with the code.

Jay