-   -   Formula palette. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373972-formula-palette.html)

STIG

Formula palette.

When using built-in functions in excel, the formula palette displays a
description for each of the functions arguments. I would like to create such
a description for my custom functions, is there a way of doing so? (I know
how to provide a FUNCTION description...)

Jean-Yves[_2_]

Formula palette.

Hi

See http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/udf-cat-description.htm
Google on : udf xl function description
Regards
JY

"STIG" wrote in message
When using built-in functions in excel, the formula palette displays a
description for each of the functions arguments. I would like to create
such
a description for my custom functions, is there a way of doing so? (I know
how to provide a FUNCTION description...)

STIG

Formula palette.

Hi!
Thank you for respondig, however this is not what I am looking for.
The link you sent me describes how to add descriptions for the function
itself,
what I want is to add argument description, so that when opening the formula
palette, a description can be read for every argument within the function.
For the built-in fuctions in excel, every argument has a description, but how
do I add such a description to custom function variables?

stig

"STIG" wrote in message
When using built-in functions in excel, the formula palette displays a
description for each of the functions arguments. I would like to create
such
a description for my custom functions, is there a way of doing so? (I know
how to provide a FUNCTION description...)

Jean-Yves[_2_]

Formula palette.

HI
gooble group : vba function argument description
first hit : answer posted by ..............................Tom Ogilvy in
2002
Regards
JY