-   -   Copying VLOOKUO Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373895-copying-vlookuo-formulas.html)

TheRook

Copying VLOOKUO Formulas

I am currently using the following VLOOKUP formula in a spread sheet

=VLOOKUP($A3,Leadtime!$A:$BD,3,0)

What I am wanting to do is copy formula across the row for the next 50
columns. When I do this all column result '3' is copied also. What im
wantin is to coly the fixed parts but what the column number to move to the
next column number ie 3 then 4 then 5.

Can this be done?

Jean-Yves[_2_]

Copying VLOOKUO Formulas

Hi,

If you are using absolute reference and copy accross the columns, they
should all show the same result.
This is not logic to XL, so that is why you have an increment of the col
index to return.

JY

"TheRook" wrote in message
I am currently using the following VLOOKUP formula in a spread sheet

=VLOOKUP($A3,Leadtime!$A:$BD,3,0)

What I am wanting to do is copy formula across the row for the next 50
columns. When I do this all column result '3' is copied also. What im
wantin is to coly the fixed parts but what the column number to move to
the
next column number ie 3 then 4 then 5.

Can this be done?

Charles Chickering

Copying VLOOKUO Formulas

You could use the Column() function instead of the number, then if it isn't
the columns don't line up offset it like this:
=VLOOKUP($A3,Leadtime!$A:$BD,Column() + 2,0)
This is the same formula you posted assuming it is placed in Column A

--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."