-   -   Clear contents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373893-clear-contents.html)

Arne Hegefors

Clear contents

Hi! I am trying to clear contents in a range of cells but i fail with the
syntax. I want to clear contents starting at cell D5. I want the clear
contents to end where there is nothing more to the right of cell D5 and then
go down to find the last cell with content. I have tried to do that with the
code below but it is somehow wrong. any help appreciated! thanks alot!

ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(5, 4), Cells(Range("C5").End(xlDown).Row,
Range("d5").End(xlToRight))).ClearContents

Charles Chickering

Clear contents

Forgot .Column...
ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(5, 4), Cells(Range("C5").End(xlDown).Row, _
Range("d5").End(xlToRight).Column)).ClearContents
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"Arne Hegefors" wrote:

Hi! I am trying to clear contents in a range of cells but i fail with the
syntax. I want to clear contents starting at cell D5. I want the clear
contents to end where there is nothing more to the right of cell D5 and then
go down to find the last cell with content. I have tried to do that with the
code below but it is somehow wrong. any help appreciated! thanks alot!

ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(5, 4), Cells(Range("C5").End(xlDown).Row,
Range("d5").End(xlToRight))).ClearContents

Charles Chickering

Clear contents

Oh, and did you mean "D5" for the row?
ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(5, 4), Cells(Range("D5").End(xlDown).Row, _
Range("d5").End(xlToRight).Column)).ClearContents

Alternatively, if there is nothing connected above and to the left of "D5"
you can use the CurrentRegion Property:
Range("D5").CurrentRegion.ClearContents
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

Forgot .Column...

"Arne Hegefors" wrote:

Hi! I am trying to clear contents in a range of cells but i fail with the
syntax. I want to clear contents starting at cell D5. I want the clear
contents to end where there is nothing more to the right of cell D5 and then
go down to find the last cell with content. I have tried to do that with the
code below but it is somehow wrong. any help appreciated! thanks alot!

ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(5, 4), Cells(Range("C5").End(xlDown).Row,
Range("d5").End(xlToRight))).ClearContents

WhytheQ

Clear contents

I think the last bit is missing ".column"
So Range("d5").End(xlToRight) needs .column tagged on the end

Regards