-   -   ** Macro to auto-increment a cell using arrow keys? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373858-%2A%2A-macro-auto-increment-cell-using-arrow-keys.html)

Jack

** Macro to auto-increment a cell using arrow keys?

Hi,

I need to create a macro that can be used to increment/decrement the
numeric contents of a cell based on repeatedly pressing the up or down
arrows. Each key press would modify the cell by a standard increment.
Up arrow would increase it and Down arrow woud decrease it.

Can anyone suggest an approach and perhaps a code example? I am not
very versed in VBA programming.

Thanks,
Jack

Tom Ogilvy

** Macro to auto-increment a cell using arrow keys?

how about using a spinner or spinbutton control. That is what they are
designed for.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jack" wrote:

Hi,

I need to create a macro that can be used to increment/decrement the
numeric contents of a cell based on repeatedly pressing the up or down
arrows. Each key press would modify the cell by a standard increment.
Up arrow would increase it and Down arrow woud decrease it.

Can anyone suggest an approach and perhaps a code example? I am not
very versed in VBA programming.

Thanks,
Jack

Jack

** Macro to auto-increment a cell using arrow keys?

You are sooo right. As I tell my less technical folks than me....RTFM.

Read the F.....g Manual and I should have taken my own advice.

Thanks,
Jack